Pages

Monday, August 22, 2016

An earring state of mind


As I am not a full time jewellery creator I have to plan my “play-with-beads” days. Usually they are on a Saturday. I make a cup of coffee, take out my bags of (art) beads and boxes of components and findings, take a seat on the dining table and start fiddling with beads.

What I create next will define what I create the rest of the day. That is just how my brain works. When I start my day creating a bracelet, I simply cannot make a pair of earrings after that. The flow isn’t right. I have tried many times but I always can tell. Usually these designs don’t sell and I take them apart. So, I stick to my routine. When the first creation of my play day is a pair of earrings or a bracelet, I stick to that the rest of the day. A few Saturday's ago I was in an earrings state of mind.


On the hunt for art head pins I came across these beautiful head pins of Elasia. The colours are absolutely gorgeous. They combine beautifully with Czech glass (flowers) and brass. The flow that day was particularly good, as I was able to make 4 pairs. 

Headpins: Elasia
Copper ear wires: Faerystones
Greek ceramic, Czech flower beads, brass.



The first two pairs have sold already but the other two are still available.


Headpins: Elasia
Copper ear wires: Faerystones
African glass beads, Czech glass, brass






 


Headpins: Elasia
Copper ear wires: Faerystones
Lampwork glass beads: Radiant Mind Beads

Brass








Do you recognize this thought/design process? Or is my brain just working a bit weird LOL. That would not surprise me at all.

Anyway, thank you so much for looking. I love to read your comments. See you on the second Monday of September.

Wishing you a wonderful week full of joy, laughter, sunshine and creative design processes.














10 comments:

  1. Oh a new Headpin Artist for me!! They are beautiful! And I love Earrings made with headpins, I love all your creations Janine!! I am amazing at how creative you can be travelling around as you do, I can't imagine it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your wonderful comment Kristi :-) And for your help with this post, as I did mess it up quite a bit LOL. At the moment we are not travelling as much as we wish (bills got to be paid, so we have to work). But working in a truck and trying to stuff all my beads proof to be a challenge LOL.
      Love your new charms....I will be over very soon to do some retail therapy.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful earrings Janine and loving the headpins :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Suhana :) . And oh these headpins, I definitely need more.

      Delete
  3. LOVE the Faerystones ear wires in pics 2 and 4. They look great with the pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris for taking time to leave a comment. Yep, Lucy's ear wires are beautiful.

      Delete
  4. LOVE the Faerystones ear wires in pics 2 and 4. They look great with the pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janine, every single pair is beautiful, and just as with Kristi, I admire your ability to work with headpins. I have an extremely tough time with them. I keep trying. . . . but you have it nailed! The coloring in the first pair is so compelling! I will be checking out her shop. Thank you so much for sharing that with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Norbel for the wonderful compliment. I love working with head pins, especially if they are so beautiful as these :)

      Delete
  6. I was going through my favorites and saw this again, I still love what you made with my headpins, I tried commenting back when this was posted, but it never worked. Hope this does, and thanks again!

    ReplyDelete