Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Throwback Thursday - Winged!

Hi all...today's post is an homage to Facebook's Throwback Thursday!  I got a little behind and forgot that I agreed to fill in today, but thought this would be a fun thing to do.


These are earrings I made back in 2011...I had taken an online class with Stephanie Lee who taught me how to cover a copper base with molten solder, then embed brass filigree into it.   This technique really opened up a world of design possibilities to me and I use it a lot in my work today.


These are embellished with pretty faceted peach moonstone briolettes and my hand wrought sterling earwires to complete the airy, fairy look!

Like most of my work, I tend to make things that can be worn with my staple day to day outfit...jeans & boots.  I envision these with a flowy white shirt as well!

They are available in my shop...

Melissa Meman
Melismatic Art Jewelry

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! I love the nostalgic feel of these beautiful earrings and the splash of Peach color in the drops is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these earrings! Feminine and flirty-fun :) That's a very cool technique. Great design and glad you did the throw-back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful Mellisa! The filigree elements remind me of angel wings. Or just wings... I really love the peace brios too. Just the right amount of sparkle! The ear wires really add that special finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so cute - superbly made and delicately stunning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant technique for that mixed metal look! Love your "airy fairy" wings, and it's beautiful with the peach moonstone (one of my favorite stones!)

    ReplyDelete