Pages

Friday, November 23, 2018

Pixie beans

Little pixie bean faces by Green Girl Studios were the inspiration for today's earrings.  As always my original plan didn't work.  I wire wrapped cup chain on to some brass circles with a length of cup chain hanging from either side.  The pixie beans on the stick connectors were meant to hang from the middle of the circle framed by cup chain on either side.  It worked in my head but not in practice.  Unfortunately I don't have any photos to show you my failed attempts. I scrapped that idea...after spending at least 2 hours on it.  By this time I was ready to give up and make some simple earrings. I chose these hammered silver plated brass caps....and decided to do some stacking using more caps, spacers, rings and flowers.  


The earrings looked ok but nothing out of the ordinary.  I needed to make them look a bit more special.  I punched some holes on to the silver caps and added glass flowers and brass stars.  This seemed to do the trick.  I was finally happy with the outcome.


Here's another view.


And that is all for today.  These earrings are now on Etsy.  Have a lovely weekend.

Suhana <3

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it frustrating that the designs we have in our head don't work in real life... Even if your original design did not work out, these are wonderful Suhana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your creative solution to your original design that didn't work out for you! Gorgeous earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These beatiful handmade earrings shows that you are a very creative person. I love the designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those top bits - like a fabulous wedding gown x

    ReplyDelete