Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Gratitude and Joy

In the U.S., today is a day officially set aside for giving thanks.  Thanksgiving Day was designated a federal holiday in 1863, during the American Civil War, to be celebrated each year on the fourth Thursday in November.

Well, as it happens, the fourth Thursday of the month is one of my regular blog days here at EE.  So I thought I'd share a few thoughts about thankfulness and gratitude...and maybe show off a new pair of earrings too. 😊



Long ago I was taught the benefits of an "attitude of gratitude," being grateful for the good things in your life, no matter how small, instead of focusing on the negative.  Being actively grateful takes some effort and retraining of the mind. Meditation is, of course, an excellent mind-trainer (and mind-quietener), but I learned that even just making lists of things I'm thankful for is a good (and easy) way to start.






So on this day I'm thankful for all of you EE readers and writers and for creators and appreciators of beauty in all its different forms. And I'm sharing these joyful, whimsical earrings on this day because I'm grateful that I had the opportunity to make them. 


Recipe for the Earrings

Colorful dotted charms by Nicola Morse
Dotted golden hollow glass rounds by Beth Mellor  
Orchid lampwork glass discs by Beth Mellor
4-mm faceted purple garnet coins
Gold-filled bead caps, Swarovski crystal rondelles
Gold-filled ear wires

💗 Thank you, Nicola and Beth! 💗



Thank you for reading...and Happy Thanksgiving!

xoxo
Meridy

My Shop
My Facebook page









8 comments:

  1. Brilliant post Meridy and wonderful earrings. In the Netherlands we don't have this beautiful tradition of Thanksgiving. But I believe it is very good to remind ourselves for the things to be grateful for. My parents always told me to look at people who are less lucky then me, to put my life in perspective. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janine! I agree--looking with love and appreciation on our worlds (as difficult as it can be at times) seems to make things run smoother. I think it's that perspective you mention. 💗

      Delete
  2. Beautiful earrings Meridy! Love the color and pattern play in the design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful with the lampwork matching perfectly. I agree we must always try to see the positive things in life even when it is hard to do so some times! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your day was as joyous as the earrings Meridy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well now, these are truly beautiful. Impeccable use of colour as always x

    ReplyDelete