Pages

Monday, November 12, 2018

Nature and Design


This is my second post here, the first as a ‘proper’ member and I’m very excited to be able to contribute.

I have chosen to create these two pairs of earrings using porcelain components from one of my favourite artisans, Melissa Gabelle at The Clay Hen. Her pieces are influenced by natural forms and I like her strong sense of design.

The first pair I created using Melissa’s porcelain paddles. Chartreuse green is a colour I love so decided to echo this in the other components I used. The hand-beaded beads match perfectly and add an extra texture to the design whilst the glass beads echo the strong design element in black and white. Also added are lampwork spacer beads and Czech glass flowers.


For the second pair of earrings I have used Melissa’s porcelain petals, again with a strong black and white polka dot pattern. With these I thought it would be nice to introduce another colour to compliment them and although I’m not really a pink person I thought the ceramic melon beads by 'Golem Design Studio' where perfect especially with the black stripes. Once again I echoed the colours in the other smaller elements. The black patina ear wires in both designs are by Louise Goodchild.


I hope you like my designs, thank you for reading. I will be listing them for sale in my FB group - Nicola Morse - Jewellery & components



11 comments:

  1. Wow these are beautiful Nicola ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your bold use of color Nicola, and these earrings are no exception. Both earrings are wonderful. Love chartreuse and the second pair is so wonderful in color contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of these designs. Breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic pairs Nicola - welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both pairs are beautiful Nicola! So lovely to be able to read your posts on this site. I like to read 'Earrings Everyday' each morning xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apologies, I don't think my name showed on my previous comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! striking use of colour as always x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work - the green ones make my heart sing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous designs Nicola! Absolutely beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete