Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Anticipation

Carly Simon's song, Anticipation, keeps running through my mind these days because our daughter and her husband are expecting a baby daughter any day now. This grandma is very excited. Every time the phone rings, I'm anticipating it will be them, announcing the start of labor. ( Nothing has happened so far.)
Simon's song was in my head when I made these earrings too. Each season brings with it the anticipation of the changes ahead.  Some of my Facebook friends are already posting photos of snow.  Here, in the Pacific Northwest, we still have colorful leaves clinging to some trees, while others are already bare.  Its a time of transition, of anticipation of cozy nights ahead, spent near a fire, reading a good book.
The gorgeous lampwork leaves, the green beads and enameled bead caps are all made by Sue Kennedy of Sue Beads.  The fancy wrapped ear wires were made by Joan Moritz-Langmo of  Handmade by JGL.   The Anticipation Earrings are available in my shop now.

12 comments:

  1. We live in an area where citrus trees are growing. And these cute earrings represent perfectly the colors I see when going for a walk.... green leaves and orange oranges and clementines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo, I'd love to be walking through a citrus grove. I'll now have that vision in my mind when I see these earrings. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. What wonder-full news, Miss Linda! I will send vibes of calm and good health to your daughter and hope for a very easy labor and delivery! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erin. I will be posting baby pictures on FB and Instagram as soon as our granddaughter arrives!

      Delete
  3. Such beautiful earrings full of all the colors of the trees this time of year. Congrats on being a Grandma, it is so much fun. Thanks also for the tag. You are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the ear wires you made for these earrings. Thank you. I'm a Grandma of a grandson already, but this will be our first granddaughter.

      Delete
  4. Oh what a joyous pair of earrings they are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Your comment makes me happy! :)

      Delete
  5. These are beautiful Linda, congrats in advance on becoming a grandma ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such happy earrings! Congratulations on your grandchild, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the new grand baby Linda! Beautiful design of colors and textures!!!

    ReplyDelete