Pages

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Treasures of the Sea

Treasures are in the eye of the beholder... What may seem insignificant to a person, may be an incredibly precious treasure to another. Where does your mind go when you think about "Treasures of the Sea"?

When I was younger, whenever I would think about the Treasures of the Sea, I would automatically think about Seashells, Pearls, Sea glass, Sand Dollars, etc.

As I'll soon be entering my (hopefully) wiser years by becoming a grandma next month... Now, when I think of Treasures of the Sea, my mind now goes to artful pieces of soft driftwood adorning our beaches nearby, stones of various colors polished to a super soft finish by the sea, the gentle waves rolling on my feet as I walk along the water line, holding my loving husband's hand. I feel so happy in my heart and soul, and that feeling is my most precious Treasure of the Sea.

http://www.TheCraftyTribe.Etsy.com
Kin Beach, Comox, BC - Photo: Nathalie Lesage

The blue sky, the sun, or cooling clouds, the birds singing, the whales and seals floating by...
every single thing is magical in an even deeper way than when I was a child.

This story is my inspiration for these earrings... precious little tumbled nuggets of color with shades of the water, sand and sky (in my handmade polymer clay beads), the driftwood (the rustic wood beads), the gentle waves of the ocean (in the copper wavy bead caps), held together on a pair of non-allergenic niobium ear wires:


http://www.MyGardenOfLove.Etsy.com

The perfect way to carry the good vibes of the beach everywhere you go ... at 1 7/8" tall.

I prefer to wear shorter earrings, but I find it challenging sometimes to incorporate everything I want in a design, while keeping the overall size under 2 inches :)

http://www.MyGardenOfLove.Etsy.com


I've made a couple of extra sets of these cute little beach inspired rustic shaped Polymer Clay Nugget Beads. You can find these earrings and my handmade beads in My Garden Of Love Etsy Shop HERE.

Thank you for stopping by! Have a fabulous day!
Cheers,
Nathalie
My Garden Of Love on Etsy
The Crafty Tribe on Etsy


13 comments:

  1. Hi Nathalie, thank you for this lovely post.
    That is exciting... becoming a grandma.
    I love your post and the earrings. We are living next to the sea and I totally understand what you mean. Lovely little ear treasures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Janine :) We're very excited about our little peanut arriving soon (our 'kids' chose not to find out the sex of the child until it's born). It's been a very challenging year health-wise for both my hubby and I, and the arrival of this little angel is going to be such a blessing... Thank you for taking the time to comment :) Cheers, Nat xoxo

      Delete
  2. Well done, Nathalie. Thanks for letting us know about your new blog. I love your sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barb, glad you come come over to read my post. I appreciate it! We have a lot of great designers here, a new post goes up every week day. I hope we'll see you back again :) Cheers, Nat xoxo

      Delete
  3. Very nice Natalie! Enjoyed it tremendously! Lovely earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a grandma (nannie here) to four, I know exactly how exciting this next stage of your life will be. And hopefully many days at the seaside with Peanut will follow x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindsay, you've got 4? You're so lucky! That's how many our kids want. We'll see how their first delivery goes (wink). I'm bursting at the seams. I can't wait :) Yes, many days at the seaside with Peanut (and grandpa too).

      Delete
  5. Beautiful earrings, I love the colors and shades of blue and green in the beads. Amazing that you make them yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post, Nathalie. I could visualize the sea and its flora and fauna...so beautiful. Your earthy, colorful earrings are lovely. And all my best wishes to you on your new life as grandma--there is very little that can come close to the delights of having a grandbaby! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and commenting, Meridy! Yes, having a grandbaby will definitely be extremely delightful :) Cheers, Nat xoxo

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on becoming a grandma! How very exciting :) And the earrings are perfect little parcels of beachiness - lovely!

    ReplyDelete