Pages

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Earth Rebirth

In my last post here at Earrings Everyday, I wrote about how much I was yearning for spring to arrive.  Well, it's finally here, officially at least, and for some of us the weather is even getting warmer and sunnier!  So I thought I'd make earrings that would reflect the beginning of spring, that period of rebirth and renewal, when the birds are building nests for their families-to-be, the flowers are starting to bloom, and the trees are leafing out.

I looked through my cache of earring components and opened my box of treasures by Helena Benkoczka of ARETObeadsjewellry, who (as I'm sure you know) makes uniquely beautiful earring charms.  I found just what I wanted:  a lovely pair of tribal teardrop charms in soft turquoise and purple that reminded me of the Easter celebrations of my childhood.


To go with the charms, I picked lovely streaky transparent purple lampwork rondelles by Beth Mellor of Beeboo and pretty turquoise discs made for me by my friend Barbara Steffen of Fire Spirit Beads.

I added tiny purple seed beads and turquoise jump rings, and wrapped and knotted everything together with turquoise waxed linen cording.  These pretty, softly colored earrings are the result.

Thanks so much for reading--I'll see you in two weeks!

xoxo
Meridy



7 comments:

  1. Beautifully done Meridy - so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the soft subtle color combination, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful colors in these Meridy. I love the way you work with waxed linen and seed beads. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very spring-like, gorgeous colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a good wear for Spring weather and you have timely post it too. Thanks for your efforts.

    ReplyDelete