Pages

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Ethereal Greenery

Ethereal: (adjective) extremely delicate and light in a way that seems too perfect for this world: her ethereal beauty. Heavenly or spiritual.

I truly love Pantone's 2017 color of the year "Greenery" and the gorgeous color palettes derived from it. One particularly caught my eye:

Ethereal Color Palette - Click on image to go to the Pantone website to see all of them.

The Caramel Cafe (sounds like my favorite kind of flavored coffee drink!), Rich Gold, Dull Gold, and add some Greenery to the mix and I ended up with these:

http://www.MyGardenOfLove.Etsy.com

I designed these earrings around a pair of my Handmade Polymer Clay diamond shaped charms. I used some green and dull gold, and inserted a round gold-tone stud in the middle. The texture and dots add visual movement, a bit of a vortex maybe?

The caramel cafe is represented in the pretty wood beads, the Anodized Aluminium jump rings, and hypoallergenic Niobium ear wires. You'll find a hint of the Caramel Cafe also in the Green Czech glass beads, they are two-tone, and I just love how the light gently shows the hint of caramel color amidst the greenery. The airiness and colors give these earrings a bit of an ethereal feel:

http://www.MyGardenOfLove.Etsy.com


The frame and wire wrapping is done in 14kt gold filled (rich gold) wire. They measure 3 inches long, but because they feature my polymer clay components, they are EXTREMELY lightweight to wear, which to me, is very important. I have sensitive ears and the lighter, the better.

So what's your favorite Pantone 2017 Color Palette?

You can find these earrings, as well as these Polymer Clay charms (and more) in my Etsy shop.

P.s. Don't forget about our big reveal coming up! Have you created some earrings inspired by owls?
I can't wait to see what you've all come up with!


Thank you for stopping by!
Cheers,
Nathalie Lesage
My Garden Of Love Etsy Shop
The Crafty Tribe Etsy Shop

4 comments:

  1. Love every bit about these earrings Nathalie. The frame and wire wrapping is beautifully done, your charms are wonderful (love the stud) and the beads are the perfect companion.
    Regarding the palette, I can't seem to choose between "rev it up" and "calm it down".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, those 2 palettes are very cool Janine. I'm torn between all of them. I can't narrow it down. You're doing better than I am lol
      Thanks for stopping by :) Nat xoxo

      Delete
  2. Perfect earrings. I like Greenery, but am drawn to the soft dogwood and hazelnut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsay! I love rich earthy tones. We have lots of dogwood around here actually :)

      Delete