Pages

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

I'm Late, I'm Late...

 
 ...for a very important date...

 
It's a funny thing. I never used to be the type of person who would flirt with lateness---not having enough time to do what I need to do, or get where I need to get, or meet who I need to meet. I was always so anxious about everything, so I would overprepare and usually have way too much time on my hands. As I've gotten older (and hopefully a little calmer), I find that there are some occasions where I cut it close. Like, for instance, today's post. 



On Monday a post-reminder popped up on my phone and I told myself "I've got a couple days, I'll just bounce around some ideas for a little bit." Last night I went to bed knowing I had to post this morning. "I'll take care of it when I wake up with fresh eyes," I told myself. So I woke up this morning, and, of course, it's time for me to post. And I have made no new earrings in the past couple weeks. And I have no ideas. And what did I think would end up happening?!

 
So here I am, in my pajamas, scrambling to find ear wires for a just-finished pair of earrings. Bleary eyed as I shoot pictures and try to keep Ming from cameo-ing in all of them. Pulling my hair back into a scruffy bun as I adjust my glasses and put on my writer's cap. It's a glamorous life.

Maybe it's a thing? This whole getting later as you get older? I've noticed it in my ever sweet, formerly punctual parents. Maybe the same thing is happening to me? I need your wisdom and insight here, dear readers. 

These earrings are a continuation of a little series from last year that pairs wee agua nueva agate chips with unique wood beads. Blackened silver solder dots the head and tail of each bead. The webby mossiness of the stones just pairs so well with the wood--reminds me of a forest floor. I have six of these ready to post as soon as I get around to making ear wires...

"But I've got time for that, though, right...?"

Happy Wednesday!
Nikki 
LoveRoot on Etsy

4 comments:

  1. Very cute earrings! Those wood beads are super cool... I love the neutral palette. It's neutral but has a lot of visual effects. Glad you got these posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your earrings are always perfection. I admire your ability to be soooo late with it; night before is my limit or I'd be stressed. Although as I get older I begrudge time wasted being early - there's always another quick job you can squeeze in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my dictionary you were perfectly on time...It was Wednesday when you posted your post LOL. I know what you mean though. I have the same, always was too early for everything. But with all that is going on in my life I find I am getting late with some appointments as I have to prioritize. So I try to set my alarm as early as possible (to the great nuisance of my hubby) to squeeze in extra time to do even more.
    Your earrings are gorgeous as always. I love that solder on the woodbeads. And they combine so beautifully with the agate chips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never would have thought to add solder to wooden beads - what a creative idea! These earrings are worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete