Pages

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Spring Flirt

I don't know about what's going on in your neck of the woods, but here, Mother Nature is messing with us these days! We've had warm weather (no snow/green grass) and then 10" of snow overnight that melted within a few days..... back to warm weather, and now we're back to snow!?!

When the weather starts to get warmer, and I start spotting little Spring flowers, I get that twinkle of Spring in my eye! We're a little bit behind this year. These little 'perce neige' (Galanthus nivalis) adorn the flower beds at the front of the house at my inlaws. This picture was taken last year (day for day) and this year, there's maybe around a dozen blooms (far less than last year), so we're running a tad behind.


Nonetheless, seeing just one of these in bloom, flirting with my senses, is enough to give me Spring Flower Fever :-) Enough so that I needed to see flowers RIGHT NOW.... so to satisfy my need (hey, we all got needs, right? LOL) I made a few sets of double-sided little Folk Art Spring Flowers in Polymer Clay, and used one pair (in dusty rose) to make these earrings that I call "Spring Flirt":

http://www.MyGardenOfLove.Etsy.com

These very lightweight earrings are made using a pair of textured Sterling Silver oval hoops, on which I have wrapped a trio of sparkling glass seed beads on each side (yellow/pink/green) using Sterling Silver wire.

In the center at the top, I have some really cute (natural color) pink freshwater pearls dangling on a short piece of Sterling Silver chain, beautiful rose/pink Swarovski Crystals and lavender glass dagger beads.

http://www.MyGardenOfLove.Etsy.com


I like to add an extra touch of color when I can with Anodized Aluminium jumprings - Today I used some "Lavender" colored jump rings (from The Ring Lord). I find their site a tad confusing, but they do carry some really nice colors there. With my daughter-in-law being allergic to metals, I like to offer/use hypoallergenic ear wires, and this time I used a pair of pretty Niobium Ear Wires (with a .999 Fine Silver accent bead) from one of my very favorite suppliers: Royal Metal on Etsy.

I listed these new earrings in my Etsy shop yesterday in getting ready to write this blog post, and they sold out within a few hours... ooops!! But if you'd like to make your own, I have a few pairs of these rustic folk art handmade flower drops (approx 12mm in size) left and I've listed them in My Garden Of Love Etsy shop:

http://www.MyGardenOfLove.Etsy.com

Wishing you an early warm sunny Spring!
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Cheers,
Nathalie Lesage
My Garden Of Love on Etsy
The Crafty Tribe on Etsy

4 comments:

  1. These earrings are so light, so springy, so fun and so cute. Love your handmade polymer clay charms. Spring...here we come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Spring here we come :) Thank you Janine for stopping by! Cheers, Nat

      Delete
  2. Beautiful flowers and beautiful earrings!

    Greetings, Sofie
    http://sofiecreates.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Sofie! Greetings from Canada :) Cheers, Nat xoxo

      Delete