Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Winter Solstice


I found a beautiful leaf during on of my recent walks and realized it's been some time since I've used natural leaf textures in my components so I decided it was time to make more. This is the first pair I made and I decided I need to throw some paint on them and see how it looks.



As soon as I put the first 2 colors on them, I immediately thought of these beautiful Lampwork Beads I had in my stash and they turned out to be a perfect match. I've added some faceted Labradorite rondelles and Druzy like beads on top and wrapped lots of messy Copper Wire around wherever I could. 



Even though there is lots of color in these they have a very wintry quality so I had to give them a wintry name.
Winter Solstice!

Lampwork Beads by Paradise Beads.
These earrings are available HERE to purchase.

Thanks so much for joining us here at Earrings Everyday,
we are always grateful you visit us here!
And Happy New Year!


Kristi

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful match! And such soft, beautiful colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous color palette...an almost iridescent quality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! I am planning a necklace collection called Ethereal around a similar look but I was wondering how to get the iridescent effect. If its not too much trouble, could you please share what paints you used on your leaves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Kristi! I love how all the colors came together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Kristi! I love how all the colors came together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful Kristi. I so love the color on your handmade leaves. The match with the lampwork beads is magic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore these, Kristi! Gorgeous, ethereal color and shine. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, beautiful and wintry, like the leaves were touched with frost!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have outdone yourself with these, Kristi. The coloring work on the leaves is heavenly, ethereal. So beautiful. Those will be likely difficult to duplicate but I'd sure like to see you try! The earrings are glorious.

    ReplyDelete