Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Inviciti

Happy New Year to everyone! I do hope you had some fun. 

I wrote a rather reflective post, not serious but reflective, and I thought, ya know, the hell with that! I have been in this reflective state off and on for the last couple of months and even I get tired of it. ☺ So I can only imagine how my friends might feel. And I didn't want that to happen here, too! 

So I decided to just have fun. I finally got a hold of a pair of Inviciti's color patina components. Both their dark patina and the shiny antique polished patina are very popular, and when it comes to the colorful pieces, look out, they disappear like money in my hands! By the way, they now also have a .com website. www.Inviciti.com 

This pair is tribal and colored in lovely greens, gold, rust and black. I had a conversation in my mind wherein Vincent 'n Nooma had a good laugh about -- hey, they even like our stick people! lol Vincent or Nooma, if you are reading this, I am only teasing you!! Ancient cave drawings are filled with stick people. I view a lot of ancient cave drawings, and it is true, including hunters or warriors like this guy. And I love them.

So what to do with them! These are put-on-an-ear-wire-and-wear-them components. When they are, which is often, I want to be sure to not detract from what they are, only enhance them. 
I know, I know, there is a lot going on here, but none of it, either individually or collectively, overpowers the focals. At least I don't think it does?????
I selected complementary colors but all are rather muted. The rusty orange beads are hand-dyed by Ashley Krause of DyedBoneBead. The tube-shaped beads are from Mali and are clay. Copper spacer beads help to protect the thin and often brittle clay beads. A bit of wire work in deeply oxidized copper, and topped off with green faceted Czech glass beads with a Picasso finish. Flattened brass-plated links hold vintage Kuchi clapperless bells, purchased from JewelsOfNomads. The shop has a lot of very cool stuff; prices are a bit on the high side. Just my opinion.

Thank you so much for taking the time to have a look at what we're doing here. We all appreciate it, regardless of whose post it is. :)

Take good care. I'll be back in a couple of weeks. 


norbel
SheFliesAgain




9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and yours as well Norbel! You know I am a great fan of your jewelry. I am also a great fan of Inviciti. Beautiful earrings. I love the muted colors and that little bell on the side is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janine. As always, I appreciate your feedback!

      Delete
  2. Job done! Such a neat design! (Hey - I have kuchi bits in my cart from that shop. I'm doing that teetering thing where I've almost checked them out several times already!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know what you mean about the bits in your cart!! They are just a touch overpriced, ya know? And perhaps the shipping is even more for you, although from here to Canada can be close to from here to Europe. But they are cool. I had a strand of matte finish rustic Turquoise stones that she seems to have more of but they're not as good. I used those stones a lot. They're small. But anyway, thank you for the feedback! Hope you get your bits. ;)

      Delete
  3. I love these!! I think you did a beautiful job of combining the Inviciti components with the beads. OMG I'm in trouble, I love that JewelsofNomads shop, so much wonderful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristi, thank you so much! Isn't it a fun shop. I know I keep saying it, but I think it's true, especially with the Canadian exchange rate, her prices are high. Just my opinion. But fun stuff for sure. :) Thank you!!

      Delete
  4. Oh, Norbel, these are WONDERFUL. You continue to amaze me. Every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your support. You have been an essential part of my self-confidence. :) These did sell very quickly. The instant validation is fun! :) Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Norbel, thank you for the wonderful post--and what a fabulous pair of earrings! The colors are soothing and nourishing and work PERFECTLY together; the beads are gorgeous with the beautiful Inviciti charms (so YOU'RE the one who grabbed those!--hee hee). And thank you for introducing me to Dyed Bone Bead and reminding me of Jewels of Nomads...places I need to go explore! xoxo

    ReplyDelete