Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Through the Looking Glass - Cindy's Art & Soul


"I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, "Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again."
Lewis Carroll (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass


Look closely you'll see water bubbling under the ice... cold, inspiring, sparkling icy water that used to feed the tiny birds that would flock to our yard in the summer months. Now still. 

Inspiring all things shiny and bright...


Wings of Hope.
Fine silver nugget earrings featuring winged hearts. 

 Newly listed at www.artandsouljewelry.com

 Newly listed at www.artandsouljewelry.com





 

7 comments:

  1. Love the Carroll quote...wasn't familiar with it til now. Hearts and wings make me say "Ahhh".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that quote. And I definitely love your earrings. I could wear these everyday. Crystal and silver, a perfect match, especially when the silver is so beautifully stamped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quote and lovely earrings. I'm so used to working with copper, I love it but there is something so wonderful about your silver work. It's so soft and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful earrings, Cindy, beautifully presented...I too could wear them every day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Kristi - I do love your silver pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto on the silver pieces, and ditto that I work with copper, but I've said to you already a number of times that your work with silver has inspired me to try it. I have made a couple of pairs of hoops that aren't finished yet, but there is something compelling to me right now about the silver. Can't explain it. :) But I will continue to see how it goes. I have also Sterling wire for wrapping that I haven't used much yet. My only point in talking about me in this comment -- lol sorry Cindy -- is only that it is YOU, exclusively you and your work with silver that has so caught me and urged me to see if I can work it into my work. I can't thank you enough for that. Keep on, darlin'. And thank you for the quote. Really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete