Pages

Friday, January 20, 2017

We're All Ears :: January Reveal :: Greenery

Heather Powers of Humblebeads does an annual event called the Muffin Tin Challenge. The idea is to gather supplies to work on some projects and place them in the openings of a muffin tin. This is a great way to kickstart your creativity and get you back to creating in the new year after all the hubbub of the holidays has died down.

I didn't grab a muffin tin...I actually say that my entire studio is like a giant muffin tin....but I did manage to trip over trays of beads, muffin tin style, as I was attempting to clean up. So while I didn't really follow the muffin tin part of the challenge, I did use beads that I had lying around to kick-start my creative new year. Actually, I keep a sort of rotating muffin tin challenge happening all the time...when I get new art beads I comb my stash for the perfect accompaniments and put them in a bin or tray for me to stumble on at some later time, a ready-made creative challenge!

I first decided on a few of the palettes that Pantone selected for the Color of the Year: Greenery. Then I started with art beads and grabbed complementary beads that were on each palette. My only requirement was that a fresh shade of green had to be in each pair of earrings. I didn't quite make a whole tray full of muffins, but I did end up making seven pairs. Yea, me!








Which pairing is your favorite?

Time for you to share what you made! This bright cheery green makes me joyful that Spring is not that far off! Let's make 2017 a year of creative joy!


13 comments:

  1. Such sweet collection of earrings! I'm particularly taken with the second pair: love that green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all very pretty, LOVE the last pair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such nice and refreshing designs. Lovely to look at. The first and last with their especially springlike colours are my favourites
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such happy and fresh earrings! Real mood lifters...I'm excited to see how Greenery plays out in fashion, decor, and design this year. Thanks for getting the party started!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every pair is yummy and I think the sepia tint are my favorites. Your designs show the diversity of this year's color palette quite nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is great to see that you have made a pair for almost every color matching with green ( I just wrote about it in my post!)Thanks for this wonderful and revitalising inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing earrings as always Erin. I'm in love with the first pair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful earrings! I like them all, and don't seem to be able to pick a favorite... What an inspiration use of color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of the pairs are beautiful. My favorites are Willow. Green and purple are my favorite color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love them all: so creative! Erin, thank you for the challenge! It was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all wonderful. I love to see the color pairings. My favorite (I think!) is sepia tint. Thanks for all the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many pretty earrings, Erin! They are all fabulous but my favorites are the Citrine Swirls. Sorry I'm so late hopping... it's been a little nuts around here.

    ReplyDelete