Pages

Friday, November 27, 2015

Holly Daze


I created these earrings for a holiday show last week. I wanted something that was a nod to the holidays but could be worn all winter. I looked to holly leaves for my inspiration.

These were cut from sheets of copper,shaped and textured and then given an antiqued patina.

This was my reference for my inspiration, a botanical painting from 1819.

I created pendants, ornaments and two styles of earrings. The more traditional holly ones with the little red seed beads were a hit too.

I'm not quite ready for the holidays yet, give me a few more days and maybe a snowflake or two!

5 comments:

  1. These are beautiful Heather! Love the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, these are really gorgeous leaves. Year round with minor change. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the patinas that you are able to get. I just never have the luck with it (or maybe the patience!). Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, these are just gorgeous and they do look just like holly!!!

    ReplyDelete