Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Ruffles and Leaves

Today I'm feeling soft, romantic - thinking of ruffles, old books, fresh linen and flowers.

Sweet and simple, a ruffle of silk ribbon is nestled under sage green willow disk beads. The beads are handcrafted from polymer clay. Dark arte metal leaves swing playfully below. The hand forged earwires add some structure to the organic quality of the silk and leaves.

Oh Mr. Darcy - I think I we need to meet up!  (I see Pride & Prejudice and Netflix in my future!)

I so have my eye on one of these ruffle bags from Urban Chic Bags.

Bracelets made from book pages from Paper Statement

And wouldn't my earrings look perfect with a flower pendant from Jennifer Morris Beads
Couldn't love these more!

You can find these earrings in my Etsy shop.

-Heather Powers is the editor of the Art Bead Scene, the author of Jewelry Designs from Nature and the hands behind Humblebeads.

6 comments:

  1. I love them!! feminine and beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so sweet and very romantic. Just finished reading Pride and Prejudice not long ago. These earrings do indeed echo that book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to use that ribbon! I'd be touching them all the time. Love the square earwires, it plays off the softness nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! And I agree with Keirsten, the square ear wires are just right. Gotta try making something similar now. :-)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scrunching of the fabric. Makes for such a soft feeling. Beautiful earrings.

    ReplyDelete