Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Confetti!



I accompanied my son to a birthday party a few weeks ago. His friend, a boy turning 11, chose a green camouflage theme with little plastic soldiers all over the table..very age and gender stereotypical and appropriate, but not very bright and cheery. The party venue was hosting other events and while the boys were playing laser tag, I peeked into a few of the other rooms and one, in particular, caught my eye. Bright orange, red and yellow streamers hung from the ceiling, a bright red table cloth sprinkled with multi-colored confetti adorned the table. Now we're talking! Later as I was having some playtime with enamels and frits, I thought of that brightly colored, confetti covered room and came up with these. I covered dapped copper disks with orient red enamel, then added some brightly colored frit. Embellished with just a couple of Swarovski crystals and hung from my hand-wrought sterling earwires, these simple "confetti" earrings will bring the party to your earlobes!


You can find these and more of my unique designs at my Etsy shop.  To read more about me and my designs, go visit my blog!

6 comments:

  1. Those are really awesome! Like the tops of tiny cupcakes with sprinkles! I love that deep carnelian color. I envy your enamel adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so neat! I so admire your skills!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! How fun! :) Part appropriate for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I love being inspired like that :)

    ReplyDelete