Pages

Friday, June 21, 2019

We're All Ears :: Storms May Come

Sorry for the lateness of this post. Had some computer issues which cut into my creation time last night, much like a storm that causes a blackout. The thing about storms, is that they will come. But how we react to them, how we prepare for them and how we pick ourselves up after them, is the key. So I got up, sketched a few ideas, pulled beads that worked for them, set a timer for myself for one hour and got to work.



I had planned to do three pairs of earrings inspired by the cycle of a storm. Raindrops. Lightning. Rainbows. But I only had time to create two of the designs, although I did make a variation of one, so ended up with three pairs.

First, comes the rain. Inspired by the picture with the drops in the puddle. Each drop on it's own is small and seemingly insignificant, but together they can become a flash flood. dripdripdrop....


And then comes the rainbow. Roy G. Biv is the way to remember the colors of the spectrum. Red. Orange. Yellow. Green. Blue, Indigo, Violet. But a rainbow is more than just a beautiful sight, it is symbolic for coming together, accepting of all so I added a Love Knot of jump rings at the top. And since I couldn't decide on the order, I created two variations to celebrate whatever way you want to go.

Now it is your turn. Show us your stormy weather earrings!

6 comments:

  1. The drip-drip-drop earrings are elegantly beautiful, Erin! I just love the colors in the rainbow pair, and the love knot is a perfect addition. The lightning sketch looks like a great idea too, I hope you end up making those earrings sometime. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the concept behind your first pair. It has many metaphysical meanings in it not to mention pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your first pair. They are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The phases of a storm - what a great idea to work on! I love both the rain drop earrings and the vibrant rainbow colors of the second pair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had soooooo wanted to participate in this challenge. I even got one earring made and a ton of beads pulled out. But, that's as far as I got. I love all of yours though! I hope things calm down for me soon so I can get back into working from your great inspiration once again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant! Love hearing the process behind the designs

    ReplyDelete