Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Oh, I do like to be beside the Seaside


Thoughts are turning to seaside holidays so we set a challenge in The Very Nice Group for all our members; make something in a seaside theme. We have beaders, knitters, glass artists, metalsmiths, textile artists, painters and other crafters in the group, so I'm hoping for some exciting entries. Amongst mine are these two pairs of earrings; very different in style and colours.



The first pair are dark and tentacly (is that even a word?) - they remind me of a crab or lobster claw. Greek copper beads with a great patina are nested together with rustic biwa pearls wired inside. 


My second pair are colourful as a saucy seaside postcard; asymmetrical, with beautifully detailed bronze starfish and shell by Lesley Watt, a lampwork shell by Rita Bennett, lampwork bead by Jo Wadman, soft  pink freshwater pearls, and rustic Czech glass. Both ends of the seaside spectrum - the colour at the end of the pier, or moody windswept Welsh coastline. You choose!


Pop over to our group and view the challenge entries - on Sunday 7th July. Should be good!

                                                          See you in two weeks

                                                                    Lindsay x
                                                                                                                      
                                                                
                                                                  My Etsy shop

                                                               My Facebook page

8 comments:

  1. The first pair reminds me of an octopus! I love that the second pair aren't exact replicas of each other, but clearly go together. I'd love to stroll the beach wearing those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Linda! Hope you get to stroll a beach this summer x

      Delete
  2. I love the first pair of earrings! They make me feel like I'm in a submarine, deep down in the ocean and looking at a strange, newly discovered sea creature! I never would have thought to put those components together. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay, I love both of these designs, so fresh and unique...especially the tentacally (??) pair. So. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great designs x 2. Love the asymmetric pair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg, I adore that first pair especially - fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Lindsay, I love the first pair a bit more ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great earrings as always Lindsay. Especially the first pair!

    ReplyDelete