Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Seaside Earrings

Earlier this week I designed this sea star necklace.  The colors are so delightful and beachy that I wanted to keep designing with the same color palette.
So I revisited the orange, turquoise and seafoam green colors when making today's earrings.
I think the necklace and earrings could be worn together, without being too matchy-matchy.
I made the ceramic charms and layered them with several shades of orange.
The ceramic is topped by stunning lampwork glass beads by HMB Studio and small knotted cord beads that I bought in Oaxaca, Mexico a couple of years ago. Perched atop the cord beads are tiny, little orange O-rings. I tied a bit of hand dyed ribbon just above the ceramic charms, covering the wire wrapping on the loop.
The ocean is my happy place and these earring bring me the smell of salt water, the cry of the gulls and the endless pounding of the surf.  The Seaside Earrings are available in my shop.

5 comments:

  1. So bright and sunny...beautiful!! Love the necklace too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, they are so beachy! And NOT too matchy matchy. :) Such refreshing colors! The ceramics you made are lovely. It seems there is a salmon/peachy orange in one of the glaze layers, and also in the Lampwork beads, and I really love that undertone. :) The endless pounding of the surf brings me as close to "totally still" as I can get. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bright and sunny your designs realy fits this time of year. Luv the ceramics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun and sunny earrings. Love the charms you made. The knotted beads are so sweet. The necklace is beautiful as well.

    ReplyDelete