Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Give Peace a Chance

I love peace signs. Just an ol' hippie girl at heart, as Kim Rogers tells me. ;) I can't pass up a good peace sign element, and Kristi Bowman-Gruel's of KristiBowmanDesign are certainly all that!

How grand life would be if the symbol was all we needed to create a state of peace. I've long tried to understand human beings and the societies they create, and why, why, why, can we not just get along? Truly, we certainly are in need of some peace. All we can do at our level is to start with the "man in the mirror." Okay. Off the soapbox.

"Give Peace a Chance"
The BEST things come in small packages. I love these sweet, rustic coppery elements!

Nothing shows off copper better, in my opinion, than turquoise. They just seem to be made for each other. The Lampwork glass beads are by Leese Mahoney of GlassByLeese. The remaining elements are glass. The red disks are more of a crimson leaning color than is shown in the pic. Small yellow and turquoise glass, all wrapped with oxidized copper, hanging from black Niobium ear wires. Copper accent beads as well.

I could work all day with Kristi's copper. But I would have to make time for her polymer pieces. This pair was recently listed. They have fun and summer written all over them!

Caged Hibiscus


Thank you, Kristi, for such great pieces to work with!

Thank you for taking the time to stop by! We appreciate it. Comments are also greatly appreciated.

Have a great day!

Norbel Marolla
She Flies Again Etsy Shop
She Flies Again on Facebook
You can find me on Instagram


6 comments:

  1. Oh my Norbel!!! I'm so happy to see my tiny little peace signs in your beautiful Earrings. I also love how you used my Hibiscus pair and caged the bead on top, brilliant!!! Thank you so much for using my components, you always make me proud!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristi, thank you so much!! Your copper components are wonderful, way up there on the quality scale, they're unusual, beautifully made, and I love working with them. lol re the caged bead. I don't know what I was thinking, but I liked it! So I left it. :) Thank you for sharing your talent with us. And thank you for taking the time to comment. I do appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. I do love peace signs too, and while people and the societies they create don't always interact in a peaceful manner, the Art world is filled with talented, wonderful human beings always happy to share inspiration and words of encouragement to others. Your work is pure Art.

    Love, Laura xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, your comment blew me away! Thank you so much, first of all, for taking the time and energy to comment. It means a great deal to me; to all of us, really. And you're right, most of the people I've met in this "society" are all that you say, and it keeps me warm knowing how many wonderful people are out there. We hear so much about those who struggle and those who have made bad choices and decisions. I prefer to focus on the good, too. :) Thank you so much, Laura, for your amazing words about my work. I mean that sincerely. :) xo

      Delete
  3. Norbel, your beautiful soul shines through your jewelry and through your post. Thank you.
    And I agree, if only we all could live together as beautiful as you have mixed your wonderful components and beads. Wouldn't that be great.
    The copper charms of Kristi are amazing. I still have hoarded some (my precious....... LOL ) and the colors of the beads from Leese are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Norbel, two utterly splendid designs. I love how you made the components your own. As I look back, I see peace radiating out of you for the whole time I have known you. You have always let it begin with you.

    ReplyDelete