Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Happy Fishes

Happy Fishes
Well, I was on a Jana Bližňáková bender when these little guys came to be--they are graduates from my hoard of Happy Fish supplies. I adore ceramic charms, especially Jana's! Here I've combined them with copper torpedo beads I hammered and antiqued for a little extra interest, sterling silver wire, tiny seed beads in translucent aqua, and a couple of turquoise Czech glass beads on my handcrafted earwires. These are so summery, they make me think of a Bahamian vacation! (Which I need.)


I just love the crackled glaze on these sweet little guys. Be sure to check out both Jana's webstore, and her Etsy shop, where she has loads of fabulous goodies available! You can follow Jana's studio doings at her Facebook page as well.

I wish you all a great summer!

Keirsten (guest contributor, Lunedesigns at Etsy)


3 comments:

  1. Oh I love these! These will look perfect on a Greek beach as well. Love what you did with the tiny seed beads. And your handmade earwires!!! Love the use of silver and copper in these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ya!! These are so cute. The little fishes are adorable and I love the color and the mixed metal is always my favorite!! So nice to see you back here as a guest on EE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're so cute. I love Jana's charms, too, and her mastery of the blue/green glazing! I love the thicker square silver wire you used here, and the mix of silver and copper is done beautifully. I've watched your work since before I started making jewelry. I love everything you design. :) Great summer to you as well!

    ReplyDelete