Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Unfurling.


A quick fill-in post from me today. It's been a lovely week here for half term and I've spent a lot of time in the garden.  We all get excited to see buds start to bloom but how often do we really take notice of the leaves beginning to unfurl?
No-one notices the beauty of leaves quite like Helen Backhouse. As well as being a painter and illustrator by trade, then branching out into making the most beautiful polymer clay pieces, she's also a very accomplished photographer and has a real knack for picking out the less obvious features and textures that others would pass over. 
Take these furled leaves; the colours and textures are lovely but the way she has shaped and curved them round is so unusual. The copper 'leaf' headpins complement them well, along with the carved bone beads in honey shades (Numinosity ) and the 'pop' of wine in the greek ceramic cornflakes - one of my favourite staples, and now in several new colours from Smitten Beads.





 
 
 
Organic and rustic - hope you like them. Tell us what's looking particularly good in your garden just now? And I'll be back in two weeks!
 
Lindsay
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Delicious earrings! My tulips are all but over, but the peonies are hovering tantasingly on the brink :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My tulips are long gone! And no peonies here :(

      Delete
  2. I am utterly in love with these earrings! Purples and greens are the yummiest !

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous! I must work on getting some of Helen's pieces. Wow, Lindsay. Just Wow. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norbel - and yes, I'd love to see you work with Helen. x

      Delete
  4. Both Helen and you are a match made in heaven. Helen creates such beautiful beads and your creative eye complement them is the most perfect way. Love the carved bone in combination with the soft art beads.

    ReplyDelete