Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Bloom And Sparkle

I adore this time of year.  The rhododendrons are in their full glory.
Lilacs are filling the air with their intoxicating perfume.  I have a big bouquet of bright yellow day lilies on the fireplace mantle.  And pink tinged dogwoods fill me with joy. Everywhere you look right now is glorious.
With this bounty of blooms, I can't help but make flower themed jewelry. Today's earrings are brought to you by the colors magenta and green, with inspiration from the large camellia bushes in our back yard.
The shiny dark green leaves with the raspberry pink of the bloom got translated into these earrings.
Unfortunately I no longer remember the name of the artist who make the magenta and green lampwork flowers, but they were the launching point for these earrings.
I had some magenta beads that were a perfect match to the flowers.  I added some rhinestone discs and Czech glass bell flower accents to complete the design.
The Bloom and Sparkle earrings are available in my shop.
https://lindalandig.indiemade.com/store

11 comments:

  1. Very sweet earrings Linda. Beautiful lampwork flower beads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous little earrings, Linda, so feminine! I love your photos too--our rhododendrons have finished blooming, so I'm happy to see yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meridy. I always feel sad, too, when the rhodies start wilting.

      Delete
  3. These are beautiful Linda ❤️

    ReplyDelete