Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Les Fleurs du Mal.

Buds. They're all over the place. On my clematis (purple of course), on the roses (Albertine - an old English climber with a wonderful scent), on the iris, on the aquilegia - granny's bonnets, we call them here. Anyhow, you get the idea. A garden full of promise. I love late spring - all still to play for.

I wanted to make some floral earrings this week, but floral with a difference. I began with the tiny ceramic buds by Robyn Cove, beautifully graduated from white through lilac to purple. Violet sari silk hoops by Anna Pierson, gold bicones and tiny ceramic seeds. Looped with black chain. A dark evil type of flower -  fleurs du mal.





 
Hope you like them. I'll see you again in two weeks - and by then, we should have blooms!
 
Lindsay x
 
 
 

8 comments: