Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Sunshine Drops

In my last post, I was talking about how ready for Autumn I was, and today, wishy-washy girl/woman that I am, I am loving the sunshine!  Maybe because it was a bit cooler over the past few days here in my neck of the woods, but I actually enjoyed being out in the sunshine instead of dreading the hot, sticky,drippy feeling that being outdoors in sweltering heat can cause!



I made these the other day for a last minute addition to a craft show, which unfortunately bombed, but the earrings are sweet nonetheless!  Gorgeous sunny orange/yellow lampwork beads by Mermaid Glass, wrapped with copper and embellished with tangerine orange Czech glass flowers!


I'm definitely going to need better photos...the bottom one is the truer yellow shade of the lampwork! The top ones wouldn't stop moving, so they are a tad blurry!

Beautiful, simple drops of sunshine to keep your days bright, no matter what season or weather!

Melissa
Melismatic Art Jewelry
Art. Life. Love.

3 comments:

  1. This is how I like my sunshine, too...in my earrings! Beautiful beads! The weather here has been glorious...let's hope it continues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellows and oranges are so hard to photograph! Mine always come out looking very reddish, no matter what kind of white balance I use. Very frustrating! I LOVE oranges and yellows with copper, these are juicy! Those lampwork look like they have dainty holes, I love that, you don't have to use a filler bead in them. Love them with the little flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful beads! I love the color combo. Yellow is a hard one for me, but I am trying to break my yellow fast! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete