Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Safari Stars + Lorelei's Michaels Challenge

Today is the day for Miss Lorelei's latest Michaels Challenge. Below you will see the beads that I had to work with for the challenge. The color palette is unexpected and I think that the fresh green gives a whole new life to these beads.


I did make a few substitutions to the beads that she chose, but it keeps with the same palette. I made these Safari Stars earrings with these great saucer shaped beads tipped on their sides to reveal the cool star shaped pattern.
[Safari Stars]



I think they would look great with this Anthropologie dress called Afternoon Safari. It looks like a breezy outfit fit for the Serengheti for sure. Or a trip to Tar-zhay for some toilet paper and a 1" binder. Whatever.


Be sure to hop on over to Lorelei's blog for the rest of the Michaels challenge participants.

Erin Prais-Hintz invites you to go on a journey of inspiration at her blog Treasures Found :: Inspiration is Everywhere. You can view a gallery of her work at http://www.tesoritrovati.com/ or purchase her popular line of 'Simple Truths' in her Etsy shop.


4 comments:

  1. Love them! Those trips to Target can be pretty adventureous ya know

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how vine-like your fringe is, it makes me think of an asparagus fern--fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, awesome use of fiber & great idea to turn the beads sideways, I need to remember that!

    ReplyDelete