Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Red and Purple...

go together?  I didn't use to think so, but I changed my mind!


I have had this gorgeous set of beads by Sue Kennedy of SueBeads for a while and they are some of my all time favorites of hers!  The fuschia-ish purple frit she used just pops!!  I enameled bead caps in coordinating colors and topped off the beads like little hats.  Faceted Czech glass beads dangle jauntily below.


Looks like a lot of people think red and purple are great together...I searched for 'red and purple' on Pinterest.com and got loads of fun inspiration!

via Pinterest.com
Doesn't this make you smile?!

Melissa Meman
Melismatic Art Jewelry
Art. Life. Love.



8 comments:

  1. The members of the Red Hat Society would love these cuties, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sue's beads are just the best aren't they? & I love that bead too !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I never would have thought of red an purple together but is works!!! Love your earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love red and purple together!! These are great--I love the horizontal ridges on the beads with the soft fluttery beadcaps too, great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are jewel tones. I have fiestaware dishes and those were the colors of my breakfast dishes this morning. Those colors work well together. Beautiful earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love purple. It works well with lots of colors. Purple is misunderstood!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should enter these in the Art Bead Scene challenge - those are our inspiration colors!

    ReplyDelete