Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Spiffy Spirals and Other Words Starting With SP

Last week I mentioned having had an opportunity to make some earrings at the Fall Bead Fest earlier this month.  The earrings I'm sharing today were made that weekend also.


The pretty spiral lampwork beads were made by my friend and fellow Bead Fest vendor, Lara Lutrick.  They were a perfect with my ceramic spiral discs.  I also added wire spirals to continue spiral theme.  
When I was thinking of naming these earrings, I was looking for a word that starts with "sp" to pair with the word "spiral".  All I could think of was Spectacular Spirals. That seemed like overstating the case a bit.  On the other hand, Special Spirals seemed really lame.  So I Goggled "words that start with sp".


That Googled list made my husband and I laugh, as we started combining the "sp" words with "spirals".   How about these pairings:
Spineless Spirals, Spittle Spirals, Spelunking Spirals, Splattered Spirals or Spaetzle Spirals.  Now, while I love spaetzle (a type of German dumpling), its really an ugly name for earrings.  Just picture it as earrings!!!
Spaetzle
Then there's Sperm Spirals - um...nope!  
While we were going through this list, my husband all of a sudden came up with Spiffy Spirals.  Perfect.  Lighthearted, fun, not icky!  Ta-da!  
If you'd like to see more of the Spiffy Spiral Earrings and many other earrings, you should join the Facebook group, The Earring Show.  The group is not associated with Earrings Everyday, but our interests are definitely aligned.  Its a marketplace on Facebook for both finished earrings and earring components.  I'll be having a finished earring show on Friday from 1:00 pm PST (4:00 pm EST, 9:00 pm. BST) to Saturday at 1:00 pm PST (4:00 pm EST, 9:00 pm. BST).  The group showcases fabulous earrings and components for sale from a diverse array of artists.  Very inspiring...and tempting!
Hope to see you there!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, Loop-de-Loop Hoops and Spiffy Spirals all in the same week on Earrings Everyday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely Linda! I adore the tiny lampwork beads with the ceramic. Absolutely perfect. And green- oh it's my fav! Great names, glad you settled on the one you did instead of a few of the others. LOL! Too funny. Thanks for letting us know about the group... headed over there now. :-) Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh PS
    Meant to say- how fun it was to meet you and Kristi at BF. You are both super sweet and super talented ladies and it was such a pleasure to see you in person. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect spirals Linda, and I think I can taste that Spaetzle through my monitor!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh you made me laugh with the SP names... Love your earrings, wonderful combination of spirals. And I'm getting hungry by looking at the Spaetzle!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are very SPecial!! Perfectly matched!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Spiffy Spirals, the name and the earrings. The Lampwork glass beads are so fine-tuned, really nice work, and they work really well with your half of the Spiffy Spirals. :) Thanks so much for the lead on the group. I have not heard of The Earring Show, and I will check it out. And I have to tell you that I am very intrigued by the square spacer beads you used; they seem to change color. I'd love to know what they are. Great post!

    ReplyDelete