Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Walking on Sunshine

Sunshine Earrings

It's one of those songs that gets stuck in my head, Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves, from 1983. I don't really want to like that song, but it won't go away and it's so upbeat that I can't help but feel better after I hear it. So now that we have to start saying goodbye to summer, it seems fitting to do a slightly schmaltzy summer theme as the inspiration for my earrings.

Yellow polymer clay focal beads in sunshine yellow from Beads by Earth Tones with Hubei turquoise in tubes and rondelles capture the colors of summer and the upbeat mood of the song. I use rustic copper flattened ball head pins and my own copper ear wires that I have wrapped with bronze wire and tiny copper tube spacer beads.

I dare you to listen to this youtube video just once and you will hear this song in your head for the entire day.




Gloria Ewing
Chrysalis Too on Etsy
Chrysalis Jewelry on Artfire

4 comments:

  1. Like an Indian Summer bloom, these are just perfect to transition from summer to fall. Love the colors and the bloom beads. Off to check it out! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This song is on my iPod and always gets me dancing when I hear it! Your earrings are a fabulous compliment to the 'happy' song!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - those polymer coins are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete