Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

Autumn Flower Garden

Inspired by all the pretty, colorful autumn flowers I've been seeing in the garden shops and a few in my own garden, I created this pair of copper, lampwork, and Czech glass earrings.


They feature my own new copper metal clay discs, gorgeous orange lampwork beads from Sue Kennedy of SueBeads, pretty teal Czech glass beads, and my hand-wrought sterling and copper earwires.

Sue's beads are perfect for autumn...the orange glass is embellished with all that gorgeous raku frit that look like tiny impressionistic flowers on their own!  The bits of teal really pop with the addition of the teal Czech glass, I think.

It was really hard to photograph these, since the lampwork is round and my metal clay discs are so flat...they kept rolling around!  I don't usually like to include my hands in photos, but sometimes this is a good way to get a good shot.



My favorite late summer, early fall flower...zinnias!  My past blog name was PinkZinnias! via Pinterest


These will be up in my Melismatic Art Jewelry shop later today or tomorrow!



6 comments:

  1. Very nice - love those colours together, and the kinda herringbone detail above the lampwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! One of my favorite color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Earring are very Nice and this pair of copper, lampwork, and Czech glass earrings.thanks to create the blog and lot of sharing such a useful information, ideas with us. This is helpful to select a perfect Earring.This is beautyful tips for blogs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Melissa, these are gorgeous!! Sue's Lampies are amazing with all the wonderful Frit going on and I love the combination of Orange and Turquoise and of course your copper pieces are great too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow!! FABULOUS!!! Such a great design, everything is just soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the flower disks! The beads and wrapping are pretty too!

    ReplyDelete