Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Happy Ending For The Bride & Groom!

While preparing for their wedding day, this June bride and groom experienced a near tragedy!  *Gasp!



Either the agate bead had a hidden flaw, or pressure from the steel wire wrapping was too tight for the etched Dzi bead and it crumbled right in my hand.

I thought of a couple of options, but as you know, you don't get a second chance wrapping lampwork headpins.  Once you've made the commitment (like our happy couple, here) there's no turning back!



Even before the mishap, I had wanted to bring more warm gold tones into the design.  So, I decided to do a fabric wrapped bead in a mellow gold tone wire on a dark background.  I had also thought of stacking ornate open jump-rings but there would be too much gold on one side; this had better balance.




I think the Mr. is looking even more dapper now.  I love this design far better than the original!  Now they compliment one another and each has their own individual style - like every couple should. 




~

Umm, it's honeymoon time...we should be leaving now I'm thinkin'.






I hope if you experience a mishap while working, you'll think of it as a challenge!  You may discover a new technique or come out with an even better design!  I believe many refer to it as a "happy accident".

The amazing skulls were made by Gaea Cannaday of Gaea Handmade.

The lampwork headpins are the creations of Kimberly Rogers of Numinosity Beads.

Many thanks for stopping by today, it's always a joy to be here and show you what's happening on my work table!


Loralee xo

18 comments:

  1. You blew me away these. It never would have occurred to me to make cloth wrapped bead! I am so excited about the idea that I want do something like that. Even if I can't use it! You made me su#denly excited about jewelry making!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Roselita, you've made me so happy!! Thank you so much xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  2. Mishap... I think this was meant to be Loralee! I think the wrapped bead was just the design accent this pair was missing. And this shows your talent! A mishap turned into something more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Janine! I tell you, the driving force was that these were one of my most favorite headpins and there was no way they would be wasted. But, I agree, if I could re-do the earrings from the beginning, I do the fabric wrap again - it lends softness and texture to the pair. Turned out far better than my first idea! Never give up!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your couple is just adorable! The bead breaking truly was a happy accident as the resulting design is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, SJ! I'm really am happy it broke! lol

      Delete
  5. So clever!!’ So perfect!! I didn’t notice it was an accident until I saw the picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ailson, thank you! I was just going to post the finished design but my beading buddy, girlfriend said to me "No! you should show what happened and how you saved it!" So I did...lol

      Delete
    2. Sorry, - Alison! I did a typo

      Delete
  6. I think this was a happy accident. It is a fabulous design and I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gaea! Yes, it sure was! Thank you for you wonderful little skulls - they are my favorites - as you know..lol

      Delete
  7. I'm so happy the Dzi bead crumbled! Mrs. looks like she has a bikini top on and she is quite well endowed! Such fun earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how things seem to go wrong but the end result is much better than the beginning. I love these...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was indeed a happy accident. I love the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are brilliant. I never would have thought that it was an afterthought, because you do such a genius job of balanced asymmetry! I agree, let us tiptoe away from the honemoon bower and leave these two to rest in peace ;-) Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lone them, gorgeous Loralee ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete