Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pinwheels

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've had the privilege of posting on EE, but am happy to say I will be showing up with a post here and there!



These fun earrings were created from lampwork headpins by the talented and lovely Jen Cameron of Glass Addictions.  I layered them onto brass flowers that I torch-fire enameled with bright colors and then wired them onto textured copper ovals.

Even though they are securely attached, they have just enough slack so that the flowers twirl around...sort of like a pinwheel or a whirligig!  Remember these cute little toys?  As a kid, I used to get plastic ones that had little candies in the stem.   I would stick them out the window of the car to let them twirl in the wind as we drove home from the store...much to my mother's disapproval!

From livingtheswelllife.com via Pinterest!




They are so fun....I will be putting them in my shop later today, and will be creating more, since I had the opportunity to snag more of of Jen's gorgeous headpins at BeadFest last weekend!

A sweet bouquet of lampwork headpins by Jen Cameron and Sue Kennedy!
Melissa Meman
Melismatic Art Jewelry
Art. Life. Love.

12 comments:

  1. they are so delicious, I love them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the colors you've chosen and how they move. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! Jen's headpins are amazing, I can't wait to get more. I love the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your earrings and the headpins are just delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are just adorable! I'd love to see the backs of them... I can't wrap my head around how you would secure that... probably a sign of where my skill level is! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool! I've got the makings from both of you to do similar earrings! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! Those are beautiful! A great pop of colors and a fabulously feminine design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are such fun earrings Melissa! Love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ADORE these earrings! I can't wait to see what you make with the ones you got from me last week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how ruffly they are, and that they move! Gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Immediate throw-back to my childood... I love pinwheels :) Love the colors and cool design!

    ReplyDelete