Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

the Good Life


I had some punched out discs on my worktable and thought I'd put them to better use by stamping some words on them and making earrings with them. Waste Not Want Not? is that the saying? I dunno.
Anyway, I created the discs while a song called Good Life was playing on my ipod.  Hence the inspiration for the text I chose for these discs. Next, searching for something to dangle below.
I recently traded some beads with a FB friend/customer and she sent me these very uniquely shaped Jade beads. When I saw that the hole was across the top of the bead, like a brio, I imagined they looked very much like vases. And so. I added some glass flowers.

These are available for sale in my Etsy shop!

2 comments:

  1. Ha, I thought of old fashioned soda bottles! Sprite! With a flower. There's something very childhood-in-the-summertime about these that appeals to me, very good feelings. LOVE the way you used the little flowers.

    ReplyDelete