Pages

Friday, May 15, 2020

We're All Ears :: May Reveal :: May Day Flowers

Hello everyone!
Happy spring!
The birds are chirping, the sun is shining and today it is a lovely 68 degrees here in the heart of Wisconsin. A perfect spring day!

Our challenge for this month was to do something that was inspired by the tradition of May Day (May 1st) with flowers, and baskets and ribbons on maypoles. I hope that you found something to be inspired by in this challenge!

I decided to keep things simple. I came across a bunch of these dyed howlite flower shaped beads and wanted to do something that would combine that with the ribbons of the maypole. I didn't find any ribbon or cord that would work, but I did find a small stash of colored flexible beading wire from Softflex that worked perfectly with the colors. I simply passed the wire through the little flower beads and shimmied them around so that the flat flower part would show rather than stack and crimped them off. Easy peasy! I think that this would work with other beads, like Czech glass flowers or even little round beads or crystals, as long as you can string four strands of wire through the hole.

I tried to do a little video showing how I made them, but I can't seem to get it to download off my phone and it also shot it in two parts with half of it upside down! Grrr! I guess technology is not my friend at the moment!

So in order not to delay this further, I will just show the pictures (although they are so simple I am sure you can figure it out!). If I can get the video to load, I will try to add that later.


Your turn! Brighten up the world with your happy spring inspired earrings!

5 comments:

  1. I love that you were able to combine both the Maypole and the flowers into one design! It never even occurred to me to try to mash up the two ideas. They're happily bright too. Beautifully done. Enjoy your spring weather! (It's starting to get HOT here in Alabama)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your colorful floral earrings. It is a cute design and perfect for the inspiration. Thank you for the May inspiration. It took me back to my elementary school days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this blog hop theme! I really needed to do a little design work this month to see if I still had it in me. I like how you combined the idea of the Maypole and the flowers together. You really know how to combine colors that pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am wondering why I did not think of using ribbons or tassels to recreate the idea of the may pole. Thanks for hosting this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bright colors and the use of beading wire is so clever!

    ReplyDelete