Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Statement Headpins



Some of my favorite pet projects are working on these asymmetrical headpin designs.  It gets my juices flowing - it's all freeform and sort of like a  game of word association (sort of..lol) well, you know what I mean, right?  


These stunning vibrant lampwork headpins are by Kimberly Rogers of Numinosity Beads.  

This color combination is by far one of my favorites!



I decided to let the beads move freely on this particular design.  I made large loops at the top leaving space on the wire for movement.

I softened some of the bold colors by adding lovely vintage Miriam Haskell pink glass pearls and balanced the look by adding some spacers with bling.




Here is another example but in earth tones.

I think I'll call these "Twist and Shout"  lol



These organic, etched headpins are also by Kimberly Rogers.  I used recycled African glass with beautiful daisies, one big lustrous Miriam Haskell glass pearl, heavily oxidized spacers, and tiny AB crystals. 




Thank you for stopping by my worktable today!  See you back here in a couple of weeks!

Loralee xo

https://www.facebook.com/loraleekolton.jewelry/

4 comments:

  1. I struggle with creating anything asymmetrical but I absolutely love everything asymmetric! You did a brilliant job of choosing components and beads that totally compliment each other. As usual....love your earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, these are brilliant. You do asymmetrical so well. I can do asymmetrical bracelets and necklaces, but somehow not earrings. No Way. And you always seem to have to right props for your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got this asymmetrical thing down so well!

    ReplyDelete