Pages

Monday, April 27, 2020

Brights With Dots and Stripes

I had a very different birthday yesterday because of the times we live in but I enjoyed it and managed to make three new pairs of earrings. I've been preparing for my next components show so decided to pick out some of my favourite designs for these earrings.

I make the components by hand painting the design onto wooden shapes and then use pyrography for the line work (for those who do not know this technique it is created by using a machine that heats a wire which is used to burn into wood.) The backs are painted black.



I have used a bold design for each pair of earrings. Recently I purchased fabulous lampwork beads by Magdalena Ruiz and some small striped acrylic spacer beads. For the first design I came up with this silhouette of a whimsical bird which has been matched up with the lampwork beads by Magdalena Ruiz, lampwork cups by Alisha White, acrylic and Czech glass spacers with metal bead caps.




For this next design I created a cute pig with a heart. I have used similar beads with the addition of headpins by Alisha White, Czech glass flower bead caps, lampwork spacers and acrylic striped spacers.











Finally, these cute sleeping cats that I  designed have also been matched up with lampwork by  Magdalena Ruiz and headpins by Alisha White, acrylic striped spacer beads, lampwork spacers and Czech glass flower bead caps.







Thank you for taking the time to read this, the earrings will be available in my FB group later today - Nicola Morse Jewellery & components.

10 comments:

  1. Just fabulous. Just what we need, bright and cheerful to perk us up xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wooden components...its so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these! Absolutely fantastic! I can’t even choose a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much ladies for all your comments! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicola, these are just so beautiful, bright, and fun! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete