Pages

Monday, April 6, 2020

Little stars and new beginnings

Hello Earring Folk!

Hope you are all keeping safe and well.

So all of this social isolation gives more time for reflection, and can act as a catalyst to make changes that have been percolating for a while...This has certainly been the case for me! After months of pondering pros and cons, I finally decided to close my etsy shop after 7 years. There have been changes there that have meant that traffic on the site has slowed considerably for my little shop over recent months. I was sad...but my jewellery style has been changing and this felt like a good time to make a fresh start. I'll be looking for a new forum to sell my pretties, but in the meantime, you can find me on Facebook and Instagram :-)

So these pretties are a recent make. I made these little connectors with some left over bits of silver. My go-to silver supplies shop is shut for  while, so I'm using every bit of silver I have! I added some pretty silver balls for detail, and then went looking for the perfect charms to accompany them.
I cannot remember the artist who created these little enamelled copper stars, but they work well with the silver, I think
They'll be available in my next showcase.

Look after yourselves, and stay indoors 

Sue xx

15 comments:

  1. These are so very pretty Sue. I agree that the positive side of this quarantine situation is time for reflection. What is really important and what not. I understand your decision regarding Etsy. I am curious what platform you will find. As long as we are able to enjoy and buy your gorgeous jewelry, it will be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Janine. I'm looking at some alternatives. And will take my time to make sure i find the right one

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beauties Sue, the components work perfectly together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous earrings, they look great together x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to know you won't stop making!These are sweet and a wee reminder that we all look up at the same stars. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your earrings! I am always interested in seeing what you make. I have been thinking of leaving Etsy also but I have no where planned to go. I get very little traffic also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy! So many things have changed on etsy. Must be working for some people, I guess

      Delete
  7. Love these sweet earrings. I'd wear them often!

    ReplyDelete