Pages

Monday, October 7, 2019

The sun, the moon and one star

Hello Earring Folk

I've a pair of earrings for you which were inspired by my holiday in Spain this summer. We spent a few days in Barcelona, which was wonderful. Vibrant, colourful and diverse - it was fabulous! We spent a day at the Fundacio Joan Miro (the Joan Miro Foundation -packed full of paintings, sculptures and even textiles created by the Spanish artist). One of my favourite pieces is this one - the sun, the moon and one star created in the late 60s as a public monument for the city of Barcelona. The view over the city acts as a perfect backdrop to this beautiful piece
 And now to earrings! Well, clever old Petra Carpreau of Scorched Earth created these beautiful ceramic components with Miro in mind. I decided to keep the design simple and bold -with dark oxidised hoops and chrysocolla rondelles
Isn't Petra clever? Love these. I toyed with using amber or citrine, but I really liked the fresh, deep green of the chrysocolla. Hard to see from the photo above, but the sculpture is set in water, so green seemed apt!

That's me done. See you in a couple of weeks.
Sue x
utterly lovely stuff

14 comments:

  1. How utterly inspirational Sue!

    Lindsay x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your highly textured components paired with beautiful lampwork - your jewellery is beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love Miro’s work... these earrings are fabulous ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! It was a fabulous place to visit -highly recommend it

      Delete
  4. Oh my, these are beautiful Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you've done with 'em, darlinkOXOX:0)<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah. couldn't have done it without you, my friend! xx

      Delete
  6. I love these and the inspiration. We hope to visit Spain sometime too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we go every year, Linda. And Barcelona well worth a visit

      Delete
  7. These are a wonderful interpretation Sue - love them! x

    ReplyDelete