Pages

Friday, July 5, 2019

We're All Ears :: July Inspiration :: Blueberries

We can now get blueberries all year round. But I remember a time when these sweet little treats seemed to only be available in the summer in the US.

Photo credit :: Andrew Thornton
It all started with the blueberries I was having for breakfast. And then I spied this stunning photo by my friend Andrew Thornton which lead me to muse on the intense beauty of the colors of blueberries, their star shaped belly buttons and the way they look when blended in my smoothie, such a beautifully delicious array!

These blue beauties are one of the few foods in this color on the spectrum, but in truth they are really more to the purple end. There is science that says that blue actively suppresses our appetites (and suggestion to put a blue lightbulb in your refrigerator or to eat off a blue plate to curb overeating). Blue- and violet-hued foods contain anthocyanins - antioxidants that benefit your brain function, hearth health and lower your risk of high blood pressure and cancer, which is good enough for me.


So grab some beautiful berries and join me on July 19th for a berry-licious reveal!



No comments:

Post a Comment