Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Birds of a Feather


Sitting in my studio this morning all I could hear was silence...….and birds! The house next door to us is a tall 3 storey affair with a chimney where starlings nest every year. Some years I've counted over 30 baby birds lined up along the rooftop as they have several broods. They're very noisy and very greedy and can go through a couple of fat slabs in our feeder in a day, squabbling all the way. By contrast, the blackbirds that nest in our hedge are quiet and gentle. I saw one this morning picking our viola flowers to line her nest - soft and fragrant. Clever lady.
 


Todays earrings are birdy. Polymer clay birds (mum and baby) by Jana Bliznakova, textured ceramic discs by Nitta of  Corvus Ceramics, czech glass feathers, peanut beads and dark copper metalwork by Lucy Haslam all add to the rustic feel.







So off I go to fill up the bird feeders yet again - see you in a couple of weeks time.

                                                                  Lindsay xx

                                                              My Etsy shop

                                                            My Facebook page

12 comments:

  1. Wow these are stunning Lindsay! Love the design. Speaking of birds nesting, a blackbird is nesting in the honeysuckle just outside our kitchen window. I had to creep around in the dark this morning as I didn't want to disturb it by putting the light on! Like you, I love seeing them (and hearing them too of course) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think blackbirds are my favourite Lesley. They come quite near when they are used to you x

      Delete
  2. Wonderful earrings Lindsay! Here in Greece swallows make nests everywhere. When they nest in your house it is considered to bring good luck. I love their tweeting in the morning, they really have a meeting every morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janine, many holidays Ive spent watching the swallows in the little mud nests in hotel eaves xx

      Delete
  3. This is a wonderful design, Lesley! Fresh, earthy colors for spring--and BIRDS! We have baby birds in nests in one of our jasmine walls in our back yard and in our wisteria in the front...I love hearing their little peeps, even though I can't see through all the dense leaves and blooms to where the nests are (and don't want to disturb them anyway). 💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it wonderful Meridy? Lucky you - my wisteria is in its infancy - nothing could hide in it yet!

      Delete
  4. Love the dark wire mix - fabulous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet tweeters! I adore the color palette and all the little detail that make me want to keep on looking. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete