Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

5 Artists To Make One Pair Of Earrings


5 artists and 5 different materials and textures:

Brass handmade rings with a saffron patina by Missficklemedia
Woven beads by Rebecca Anderson
Polymer discs by Heather Powers
Vintage rustic plum wood beads
Glass headpins by Kimberly Rogers


I began with the luscious pumpkin orange etch glass headpins. These have to be one of my favorite headpins that I have ever purchased from Kimberly. 

 I felt like going in a jewel tone direction, so paired them with rich plum vintage wood beads.  I pulled both colors together with some polymer discs by Heather Powers.  This is precisely why I love Heather's cane beads!  

I created a little visual space to the design by adding the hand forged rings by Shannon German.  I almost called it complete, but something was still gnawing at me.  I decided to look at it with fresh eyes in the morning.   The next day I started playing with different beads to partially fill the hole of the rings.  Nothing seemed quite right until I opened my little tin of woven beads I had in my stash.  Ahhh, I found the perfect color, size, and the texture the design needed all in one small bead. 






Well, that's all for now!  I'll most likely be back on Oct 3rd with something spooky!

Loralee xo


11 comments:

  1. Really love these. The bead combination is wonderful as usual, and this color palette is so beautiful and rich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Match made in heaven! Love the color combo, so rich and lush and just wonderful. And the composition, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loralee, you are most definitely “artful in beads. These are amazing, nothing less. Beautiful pieces, each and every one, but together......artful indeed. I love your imagination sand everything that comes from it. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful combination of colors and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a great idea to do a crosswise wire wrapping of the beaded bead

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ingenious and stunning earrings, Loralee, and absolutely beautiful! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these and those head pins are dreamy 😍

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the rich, jewel tones in these earrings and all the textures and shapes. Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete