Pages

Friday, November 3, 2017

We're All Ears :: November Inspiration

So you can blame my friend and yours - Loralee Kolton - for this month's inspiration.

I was doing research on "The Hidden World of Seeds" after seeing this aptly named article on a book entitled "Seeing Seeds" by Robert Llewellyn. And then I spotted Loralee's awesome post about seeds and pods as the basis for earrings. (Wahn-wah!)

I told her that great minds think alike!

Even though Loralee indicated that she did indeed have more seed inspirations in her, I decided to switch gears. And in the conversation that we had she gave me a suggestion....


That was an intriguing proposition. (And words really ARE my magic!)

I love quotes and collect them obsessively. I have a most awesome page-a-day calendar (and if you have ever received an order from me, chances are that you received one of these quotes randomly tucked inside). I pulled together a collection of four different quotes from the past few weeks that spoke to me for various reasons and also had some sort of visual attached to them. Since I couldn't quite bring myself to select just one, I decided to let you choose.



For November's We're All Ears Challenge, choose your favorite of the four quotes and make a pair of earrings that illustrates that message. If you are feeling mighty feisty and really want a CHALLENGE, then do more than one...or even all four! I dare you!

And as Loralee said, "It would be exciting to see everyone's take on the same message!" Indeed!

Won't you join me? See you on Friday, November 17th for the reveal!


5 comments:

  1. WHOOOP-WHOOP!! Can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If anyone complains, I am sending them your way, Miss Loralee! Teehee! I think this one will be fun. I look forward to seeing what you create! Enjoy the day! Erin

      Delete
  2. Interesting Ms. Erin, I am musing over what all I could do with a abstract theme like this one. For a wordsmith, I am definitely dumbstruck!

    ReplyDelete