Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Hearts & Flowers


I am not a hearts & flowers kind of girl.

Sure. I love to get flowers, and hearts are very sentimental, but I am not that girly.

If I have hearts at all they are going to be grungy and weathered, perhaps cracked and a bit odd.

When I saw these ceramic hearts from my friend LeAnn Weih of SummersStudioBeads, I just couldn't resist. They have a cute puff shape but the glaze is rusty with flecks of black. I pulled out some handmade copper ear wires from my friend Rebecca Anderson of The Curious Bead Shoppe. One of the things I love, but can't seem to master, is handmade earring wires. So I let an expert like Rebecca help me out! Lying on my table were are few of these sweet wood flowers. Would you believe that I bought some clearance stretchy bracelets with hideous plastic beads and multitudes of these wood daisy spacers just to get my hands on those flowers? I love them.

Want to know who else loves them?

Let me introduce you to my brand new earring model.

Say hello to Delia
If you want to know the story behind my new earring model, head on over to my blog in just a short bit for an explanation of who Delia is and how I came to know her!


7 comments:

  1. Oh wow! What a treat to click over to one of my favourite blogs and see my ear wires! Thank you so much lovely Erin. Beautiful earrings! I'm off to your own blog to read about Delia now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I'm not a hearts kind of girl either ;) BUT these earrings are absolutely gorgeous... totally my style :) Seriously Erin, I'm such a fan of your beautiful work... I'm so honored that Delia will be adorning your amazing jewelry. Best wishes to you my friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those beads too! they are perfect with the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, I don't consider myself a girly type either- always a tom-boy -- but I do love flowers and hearts. I don't know why! Ha! Love the earrings! I have done the same thing- bought junk jewelry just to get my hands on something that was included. :-) These are really beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely earrings, Erin! Delia is beautiful, too, and she makes a lovely display. I can't help but admire your style. I also love the old book in your first photo. I'm always at a loss for cool backdrops, but I have tones of old books. Hope you don't mind if I steal that idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful! I love how they are in the canvas too.

    ReplyDelete