Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Purple Relics


Continuing in my vein of trying to draw inspiration from my surroundings, I was admiring one my African violets on my desk at work.  I have this under-counter fluorescent work light that my violets love and they have been blooming up a storm.


Look at those lovely, velvety, vibrant blooms!  I thought..."Wow, I need to make earrings that color! Hey, I remember some sweet purple ceramic charms I got from Jenny Davies-Reazor at ArtBliss last September!  I'll use those!"

I kept them simple by layering them over some copper discs that I texturized. The ceramic and copper make this fun, tinkling sound when you where them!



So versatile...wear with jeans, t-shirt and cowboy boots (my preference!) or with that pretty, springy, colorful floral dress!

These and more of my eclectic jewelry can be found at my shop!

Melissa Meman
Melismatic Art Jewelry
Art. Life. Love.

2 comments:

  1. Those are fabulous charms! I love purple with copper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color purple. So majestic. I love the texture that you gave the copper. I really do see those blooms here! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete