Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Simple, But Significant





Hello, friends!

This past week I've been working on a few projects and in-between, have also been playing around with random things living on my worktable.  So, for this blog post, I have an eclectic mix for you.

I may have mentioned in past posts one of my favorite quotes from Mad Men: "Make it simple, but significant."...you'll probably hear it from me again down the road because it's become my mantra.


Lovely artisan enameled discs by Anne Gardanne and wire wrapped fiber cocoons by Anna Pierson.





Outstanding lampwork headpins by Kimberly Rogers that I've looped and added tiny vintage Miriam Haskell wood beads to.  The wood beads were surprisingly delicate to work with, perhaps due to their age.  They are well worth the risk, as they are beautiful.




Vintage Japanese opal glass with delicate frit.  I added artisan hollow glass dangles to the bottom.  I am embarrassed to say I cannot remember the name of the glass artist but I will try to find out and update my info so bear with me!


Thank you so very much for stopping by today and seeing what I've been up to.  As always, if you have any questions please feel free to ask here or message me.

Loralee xo

6 comments:

  1. These are all just gorgeous, Loralee. Those last ones look like party lanterns, one of my favorite things. Even your ear wires are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow just wow totally gorgeous work Loralee as always! love the ones with Kims headpins (of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic creations as always, our friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Loralee, esp the first pair ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all coveted those Kim headpins - great job on them xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that saying too. Love all of these, but especially the 1st pair!

    ReplyDelete