Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Birch Branch and Bird Earrings

There is just something so appealing to me when I see a row of birch trees.  I'm reminded of Robert Frost's poem and the forests here in Michigan.  The papery bark is just waiting for a second life.  I love how they stand out in stark contrast to the heavy trunks of other trees in the woods. My favorite Autumn scene is when the birch leaves turn their golden hues.  There are all sorts of myth and folklore about birch trees, so it seems I'm not the only one captured by their beauty.

You can read more about these Birch Branch and Bird Earrings here.

Birch Forest




2 comments:

  1. I love that ring! And I am one of the birch lovers too! I always thought that it would be fun to make the bark into a book and write nature poems on it! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete