Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Creative Weekend

This past weekend was long-awaited and extra special for me!  Once a year I steal away with one of my best friends to South Haven, Michigan to attend the "Inspired By Nature" jewelry retreat. The event is hosted by Heather Powers of Humblebeads.




One of the many projects we worked on were these lovely faux tin components.  I actually made this pair using our "practice sheet" of tin, before using our fancy copper sheeting.  The practice run was supposed to let us get a feel for applying the transfers and baking which can be tricky.  However, I thought they turned out so well I decided to make a pair of earrings with it!



I oxidized all the copper accent beads and jump-rings to coordinate with the dark navy blue floral pattern and cut tiny squares of tin for fringe (nothing wasted!).




This gauge of tin was extremely lightweight and so nice for earrings.  The charms I made on copper sheeting will have a little more weight and be sturdier however, both materials are great in their own way.




Here are a couple of pendants I've made with copper backing.  Definitely more substantial.  I'm still working on them but wanted to show you.


Here we are working away like little elves in one of our cozy cabins.



All the lovely elves!  ♡



Thank you so much for stopping by!  I'll be back in a couple of weeks with some new things!


Loralee XO

www.loraleekolton.etsy.com

3 comments:

  1. Those turned out so cute! It was wonderful to see you and Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a creative bunch of ladies. They turned out great and are so unusual! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look fantastic! and what a great way to spend a weekend!

    ReplyDelete