Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Cross Culture Arches

Cross Culture Arches

A blend of cultural influences in these new earrings with their beaded arches and tribal copper crescent focals. I have strung yellow orange Indonesian beads and teal Czech farfalles on nylon thread to form the contrasting colored arches. The copper clay focal components are from Kristi Bowman; I think of her as my co conspirator. From the copper crescents, I have hung carved bone discs in black and white to complete the tribal theme. I see these earrings as ethnic, but I'm not sure which one (ethnicity), thus the name.

Bias Scarves by Elizabeth Brassard (left)

Aboriginal Women's Ceremony by Debra Young (right)








Gloria Ewing
Chrysalis Jewelry on Artfire
Chrysalis Too on Etsy

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the design and your idea to blend different cultures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm honored you consider me a co conspiritor!! All of these tribal elements blend well together to make one beautiful pair of earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your design and your colors! The black and white bone discs are a great addition. (And those scarves are breathtaking.)

    ReplyDelete